bg

Sunday, March 14, 2010

22 weeks...

  Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was gorgeous here! It was sunny and in the 70's all weekend! I have been so ready for this weather! Yesterday Kris and I went on a hike. (Pictures below) The trails in Cedar Hill Park were closed yesterday, I guess because of the recent rain. So we decided to go down to the Nature Preserve and hike up in the woods where there were no clear trails. It was fun! I love to walk in the woods! Kris  enjoys it too. I think it reminds us of growing up in the country. We hiked up some pretty steep hills (for Texas anyway). The ground was a little soft so our tennis shoes got really muddy!  I enjoyed the sunshine and being out in the fresh air for a change. It made me very happy! We did both manage to come away with our share of cuts and scraps on our arms and legs. Next time we might need to take a machete! :)
   After our hike we went to celebrate Mia's (our friend Chad's little girl) 5th birthday! It is always entertaining to watch children at a birthday party. They get so excited! After that we went to dinner, rented a movie, and came home and I fell asleep on the couch (as always) and Kris watched the movie. Then today we went to church, ate at Cracker Barrell, came home and worked on the house, Kris went to hit golf balls, fixed dinner, and just enjoyed the rest of the day! We had a very productive weekend! I always get a burst of energy when the weather gets nice...so this weekend was a success!
  I finally made a decision about work also. Me and the rest of  my fellow neurophysiology team decided to sign on with Dr. Bruce Jenevein. Dr. Jenevein works out of  Texas Neurology and Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas where he practices neurology, neurophysiology, and the treatment of epilepsy. He will be taking us under his wing in hopes of starting a new company that is at least equally as successful as we have been so far. I am pretty excited that all of my team are getting to stay together. We were not so sure for a while if that was going to work out. Luckily, we are keeping all of our surgeons too so things are looking good as of now. It is still a bit of a risk, but we are all optimistic that with the help of Dr. Jenevein we will get everything in order as far as billing, credentialing, and contracts go, by May 1st. Thanks everyone for your prayers and encouraging words. Work stress is not fun at all and I definitely feel like a weight has been lifted knowing that we have made a decision.
  So that was our weekend. Special Congrats to Stuart and Melissa Herzog on welcoming their baby girl in to the world! Amelia Laine was born yesterday, weighing 5 lbs, and 13 ounces. I can't wait to meet her. I am sure it will make me really want July to be here in a hurry! :) I guess that is it for now. Have a good night everyone!




       Kris and Knox. That is one of the hills we climbed behind us. Lots of brush!



It looks like Knox was kissing my belly!

3 comments:

  1. You look great and I'm glad you have made your work decision so you can just relax and start thinking just about baby stuff. Ordered the pig and can't wait to see it and the turtle. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally...there's your baby bump!! :) You look really good. I think I would keel over and die if I tried to go for a hike right now. Go you!! Keith and I have been taking short walks over the last couple of days and I nearly die each time. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys had a good weekend. I think it was about time you had a chance to relax! Wishing the two/three of you a wonderful week, and I hope to see ya'll next weekend. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete