bg

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Video, Family Pictures, and Christmas in Abilene





















   Last week is sort of a blur...first Kris was sick with strep throat at the beginning of the week...then we all took our turn with the stomach bug. Everyone got it...even Knox! Friday was my work Christmas party at Fedora in Dallas. It was really nice and the food was excellent! Unfortunately I woke up at 2:30 Saturday morning and threw up every bit of my delicious filet mignon. Saturday morning we drove to Abilene to see some family for Christmas. I felt pretty bad all day. The nausea got better...but the exhaustion from no sleep for two nights definitely got the best of me. I was so sleepy all day and just wanted to lay down. Everyone seemed to have a good time and I enjoyed seeing everyone even though I was not as social as I would typically be. Scout was pretty fussy this weekend. I don't know if it is because she was just worn out from such a crazy week...or she is just not a fan of big crowds. She would go from smiling and laughing...to screaming! I am not sure if she was just over stimulated or what. She is always a happy baby at home and at daycare. I don't know what her deal was this past weekend...but I hope it's a phase :) We went shopping in Allen on Sunday night and met Stuart, Melissa, and Amelia for dinner and Scout did great there..she never cried once. Maybe when she cries in crowds it is just her way of telling us we don't get her out of the house enough :) Who knows. Otherwise she is doing great and is laughing a lot! She is actually pretty easy to get to laugh now. It is really funny! On Sunday during the day  we went to a baby shower for Brandon and Emily's baby girl, Mckinnley. She will be here in February and we are very excited to meet her!
    Please keep some friends of my family's in your prayers. I have mentioned  Troy and Angie Parks and their boys  in my blog a few times before. Kris and I went to visit them over Thanksgiving. Anyway, Angie's father passed away yesterday morning unexpectedly. He was really great about taking the boys to football practice and other school activities since Troy's accident last year. I know the saying goes.."what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger"...well I am not sure how much more this family can take...so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE think of them when you pray. It has been such a tragic year for them. My heart is breaking for their sweet family.


  Another crazy week this week. I am VERY thankful for my job...and I never want to take for granted that I have a good job that I am able to learn a lot and make a really good living...but sometimes the unpredictable  schedule gets the best of me. In the world of surgery there is no such thing as "scheduled" time. Maybe it is the fact that if I leave Dallas between 4 and 6 pm it sometimes takes me an hour and a half to get home because of traffic...or maybe it's just that days like today and tomorrow when I go 12 hours without seeing my daughter and having to leave her in childcare in the mornings when it is still dark...and then picking her up when it is dark...it makes me feel like a bad mom. I know that is silly...and I don't work that many hours everyday...but when I do...it just really sucks. Things are definitely easier when Kris is here to pick her up in the afternoons.  The one hour that I spent with her before I put her to bed when we got home this evening is just not enough time with her. :(

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Enjoy the pictures and also the video below of  Kamden entertaining Scout...pretty funny! Good Night!























  












Hanging out with Miss Amelia...I think Melissa got some better pics of them...
but aren't they so cute?!



No comments:

Post a Comment