bg

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tennessee 4th of July Trip and Kelly's baby shower


 















I am finally getting a chance to blog about our trip. We had a blast! I love our Summer trips to Tennessee. I love that Knox gets to be a country dog for a week. He loves it there. He stays outside and has so much space and freedom! He doesn't even whine to come inside when we are there. I love that Kamden gets sweaty and dirty outside everyday...no videos games...little tv....but he still has so much fun! (imagine that). Kris and I both grew up in the country. In a world of skinned up knees and bruised shins. A time when we could basically disappear for hours with siblings or neighbors, only to return for lunch and dinner. I realize times are different now...but I do feel like when we are in my cozy hometown in Tennessee we get to share that life with the kids and our dog a little. It's nice. Even though I love the convenience of the city, there is something very special about growing up in wide open spaces. I will cherish those memories of four-wheeling for hours through woods, late night basketball games on the outdoor court, water balloon fights, making up games, swimming in the creek, watching my Dad and Grandad saddle break the horses, working in the enormous garden with my other Grandad ( I will admit that wasn't fun..but still a good experience ) I definitely feel like growing up in the country gives you a toughness that you can't get anywhere else. I am thankful for that and I love getting to share it with Kamden and now Scout as well. I hope those memories are just as special to them.
   While we were there we celebrated Scout's first birthday with my family. She will be one year old on the 16th and we are having a party for her here on Saturday but I wanted my family to get to celebrate her first year as well since they will not be here on her actual birthday. She didn't know what to think of the cake..she just sort of picked at it :) She got lots of cool gifts though! We grilled out at Mom and Dads and after dinner, dessert, and presents, we played basketball for a couple hours. My family can be REALLY competitive when it comes to sports! As a kid we spent almost every Saturday night playing 4 on 4. My sisters are relentless by the way! I always had to work really hard to beat them when I was younger. It used to make me so mad!!! They have always had a natural ability to do well in almost any sport and basketball was never any different. We had a blast and it made me happy to do that again! (even though my team lost and I could not hit anything!) We actually kept the trash talk to a minimum compared to earlier years. We weren't so nice then :) On Friday we went to my Aunt Tracy and Uncle Dale's to swim and hang out. Kris took Kamden and Eli to get fireworks and they put on a little show for us. That was one of Kamden's favorite things we did I think. Kris helped them shoot them off of course. They were cracking me up though!  I don't know how many times Eli tried to convince me to hold one of the roman candles. It's just not quite as thrilling to me as it was when I was their age, however I did enjoy watching their faces and hearing their comments about them. Boys and fireworks...it's a rite of passage I think. I definitely would not leave them alone with them..when I think of some of the stupid things we did when I was younger...oh brother! (Laura..if you are reading this...do you remember shooting fireworks off the roof of your Granny's garage? Why did we do that again?)  Saturday Kamden made his first appearance on the radio. He did a great job even though he was really nervous! He has quite the little fan base in Centerville now. The band was good and the kids loved the music! There are a few videos below this blog of his performance.
    Sunday we had a big 4th of July party after church, followed by a big firework show that was really pretty!  Scout really enjoyed watching them once she got used to them. The noise startled her at first and she held on to Kris really tight. She didn't cry though. After a while she just giggled and pointed. Monday we went to see my Grandparents for a while and Kamden rode the 4-wheeler with my cousin's little boy, Jaylen. Then we went home and the kids played in the slip-n-slide at Mom and Dads. Later that evening we ate dinner at my other Grandparents house. That pretty much sums up our trip.
We left Tuesday morning at 4 am and got home at 2:30 pm. The kids did great in the car and we had a wonderful trip!!! Lot's of fun memories were made for sure! I took tons of pictures and there is also a video of Scout going under the water.








Aden giving kisses :)


She likes to pet Knox with her feet :)



" I will give you $5 for that ball Scout"


Scout with Uncle Andy

 
























 











Playing in the floor with Papaw






"Hi Daddy"










































Kamden with one of Charlie Daniels fiddles


Jackson making his mean face.( JJ and Ben's oldest son)

Ryen, Heidi and Graig's little girl

Scout and Ben

Heidi and Becky enjoying some magna doodle!


Scout and Grandma Willis

Us with Grandaddy

















































Aden beating up Kamden


Cameron beating up Kamden 

Scout meeting my oldest childhood friend, Laura Belle :)


Pretty Girl :)

4th of July Party

Cameron and his girlfriend , Keely

Scout with Heidi and Graig's little baby girl, Eryn















   This past Saturday we had a baby shower for Kelly and Lewis. Little Britain will be here in September! We can't wait to meet her!!!




Scout giving kisses to baby Sophia ;)










Honey Jo handing down her baby bassinet that is over 80 years old




The Hostesses 


































Scout will be 1 year old on Saturday!!!! We are having her a party so I will have even more pictures soon! I can't believe my baby girl is 1!

There are several videos below including Kamden's radio performance. Just scroll down to older posts.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment