bg

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanksgiving pictures and Update

   Hope everyone is staying warm! I think it's safe to say that Winter is officially here! I am not a big fan of the cold...but it does somehow make it feel more like Christmas. I am frantically trying to get everything ready for Christmas. My hope is that one year I may actually be prepared for Christmas before it gets here.

    Scout is doing great! She is as busy as ever and in to everything as always. She loves to dance! When the TV is on and music comes on, no matter what she is doing she will stop and run over to the TV and dance. It is so funny! Her personality is developing more and more and she is starting to talk more. She says, "momma", "daddy", :baby", "dog", "purple" "cheese" "color", and "ho, ho, ho!"  She also still uses her sign language to tell us "more", "all done", and "please".  She loves to color with magic markers and she concentrates really hard when she is doing it. She will give kisses and hugs when you ask her to, and she likes to wrestle which is something we discovered while in TN. She has always liked to wrestle with her stuffed animals, but she is apparently not afraid of bigger kids because when my nephews were wrestling at my parents house she will join right in and pounce on whoever is left lying on the floor. It was really funny! I wish I would have gotten a video of it. She also has a bit of a temper which is loads of fun! :)  We put our Christmas tree up after we got back from TN and it is just worrying Scout to death. She circles it over and over and occasionally she will bring me an ornament she has picked off the tree. She is just mesmerized by it. I think she will be a lot of fun this year to watch open gifts. I am anxious to see how she reacts to Santa Claus.
Other random things...



















She can now successfully drink out of a straw :)

















This is her innocent look ;)

Here are pictures of our Thanksgiving trip to TN...

















Kamden and Knox did a lot of "hunting" (aka shooting rocks into the woods and seeing if anything runs out)

























On Thanksgiving morning, Kris and I ran in to Turkey Trot 5k in Centerville. Considering it was mostly up hill and we have not been running as much lately due to lack of free time...I was not too disappointed in our time. Kris ran it in 28 minutes and I ran it in 33 minutes. Hopefully I will knock some time off next year. I did get to see a lot of friends that I have not seen in a long time. That made me soooo happy!!!!  I didn't get pictures of everyone, only a couple, but I am so thankful I got to see so many old faces.
























After the race we went home and showered and got ready to head out to Hohenwald to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Willis side of the family. I only got a few pictures of some of the kids. They were running all over the place but I did catch a few and I also got some really cute pictures of Scout and some of her cousins. After that we went back to Centerville to celebrate with the Barber side of the family.
Scout and Laynie




Scout and Brittany

Eli

Kamden and a few of the boys

Isaac


pretty girl

Jake and Kabry

Scout with Aunt April



I don't know what was happening here




















Andrew and Papaw were  teaching Kamden and Eli how to play Rook



Me and Jen



























We did manage to find some time to take some cute family pictures too..














































And lastly,  our tree  :)






















Congrats to our friends Ryan and April on a gorgeous baby boy born tonight! 7 pounds and 6 ounces. Can't wait to meet him!!!

Also if you need a Christmas gift idea, my Granddad just finished his book and it can be bought here:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/life-on-th-rockin-w-leon-willis/1107221090?ean=9781449729882



Hope everyone stays warm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment