bg

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Catching Up

     We have been really busy lately, so despite my best efforts blogging has not been a top priority lately so I have a lot of catching up to do. Working and being a wife and mom is challenging. Some days I feel like super woman with my checked off  "to-do" list and my yummy meal on the table at the end of the day. But most days I feel as though I fail at both jobs. There just isn't enough time in the day to keep up with everything at the level that I want to. You know...in my mind I am this super fit, well dressed, amazing cook, that can play a mean guitar, with a super clean house who has just been given a huge raise for her superior neuromonitoring skills! Haha!  Oh to dream! At least the effort is there right? I am happy and my family is happy so I guess I am doing ok. I have managed to go to the gym or run at least every other day lately so that's good. I have also knocked a couple things off my "to-do" list lately so I am getting there. Little victories my friends!
      
      Scout is doing great! Other than the typical toddler fits that creep up from time to time (she has a  bad temper)...she is so much fun right now! Every day she is doing something to crack us up. She loves to dance, give kisses, and she would stay outside 24/7 if she could. She loves to play ball and she also loves yard work. Yep! Yard work. On more then one occasion Kris has been working in the yard pulling weeds out of the flower beds and Scout has appointed herself as the official weed piler-upper. She runs back and forth between Kris and the pile of weeds she has made, working just as hard as she can with as much as she can fit in her little hands and if she reaches Kris before he has a new load ready for her she fusses at him. It's so bizarre! I wonder how long this will last? She has quite the work ethic for a not even two year old. Her little personality is blossoming more and more everyday. I will say that we could not have picked a better name for her. It fits her perfectly! She is so curious about everything and she is very opinionated! One of my favorite things that she does right now is she gets so excited to see Kris or I. If we are picking her up from school or going to get her out of bed in the morning...she is genuinely happy to see us and greets us with a big smile and a big snotty kiss! Another thing she does that is super cute is her "come here" motion. She sticks out her hand and moves her fingers to her palm as fast as she can. If she wants me to come to her room to play and I am sitting down she will do her "come here" motion and if I don't get up fast enough she pulls on my shirt while grunting as if she is strong enough to lift me off the floor or my chair. It's pretty funny! This is a challenging age because she is getting more argumentative when it comes to getting her way but it is also a very fun age! Her little mind is expanded more and more everyday and Kris and I have a funny story about her every day. 

What we have been up to:   A couple months ago we went to our friend Mckinnley's first birthday party! The kids had a lot of fun!





Scout and the birthday girl, Mckinley


Random picture of Kamden and Scout






















Scout getting ready to go to her Valentines Day party at school


I made cupcakes for her party :) They turned out pretty cute!


















I also got to spend a few days in Tennessee at the end of February. It was one of my best friends 30th birthday celebration! My parents picked Scout and I up at the airport and then they dropped me off at Jillian's house were we spent the entire day eating junk food and watching movies. (Just what I needed!) Later that night we went to eat at her favorite Mexican restaurant Downtown and she was surprised to find a few of her other friends waiting on us. We brushed the dust off our dancing shoes and enjoyed a fun night in Nashville!  I think everyone had a lot of fun. I know I did!  Even shaky face made a rare appearance. Welcome to 30 Jillian!










After our fun night out, I drove back to my parents house the next morning and spent the rest of my time hanging out with my family. Scout got to play with my nephews a lot and they had a wonderful time! It's as if they see each other all the time...I love that!

























Scout and Grammy Tammy





















Miss my sisters!

























  Before leaving TN I met up with my good friends Heidi and Molly for lunch. I miss them both so much! I enjoyed seeing Heidi's two adorable growing girls Ryen and Eryn, and I enjoyed seeing Molly's adorable growing belly. She is expecting a baby girl in the next few weeks! So excited for her!!






















We have been spending a lot of time outside lately. I will post more pictures in the next post.
Check out the cute videos below too!

















She is still not the greatest driver :)
We LOVE sidewalk chalk!



No comments:

Post a Comment