bg

Friday, June 8, 2012

Catching up!

 I didn't realize I had not updated my blog in almost two months. We have been spending A LOT of time outdoors lately so by the time we settle in at night I have no energy whatsoever. Scout LOVES to play in the water more than anything so we either go to the pool at Lifetime or we play in the backyard in her little pool almost every day. She is absolutely fearless in the water which is a little scary. She will jump off the side in the the deep end and go under. She just pops up giggling like it's nothing. We did finally get her to jump off on the side where she can actually touch the bottom. I will post a video of her later. It's pretty funny!  I will try to get caught up on what we have been up to through pictures. I will have another post of our May trip to Tennessee posted later. So here goes...

Kris and I did the Original Mud Run back in April. It was a lot of fun! and really muddy!!
We only did the 5k since it was our first mud run...but it ended up being easier than we thought it would be. It was still challenging, but definitely not to the extent that I had built it up in my mind. We finished in a little over 40 minutes. Kris got 31st place out of 400 men in our division and I got 34th place out of 477 women in our division.





















Later that night we had a wedding shower for Mandi and Blake and
 Kelly and Lewis's house





























We had dinner one night at Oasis on Joe Pool Lake. It's only about three minutes from out house.
The food is good, they have live music, and Scout loved feeding the ducks! :)




















This is Scout's new backyard pool. This is what we resort to when we
don't make it to the big pool.























Kris took this picture of Scout one morning. She looks so
much like my Mom here!!






















Mandi and Blake's rehearsal dinner in Ft Worth































Wedding Day!!!!


































































I still need to update on our trip to Tennessee, Memorial Day , and
welcoming a new addition to the Akens family. More to come!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

and sorry about the blog outline..I am still trying to figure out the new blogger.
Not a fan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment