bg

Thursday, August 16, 2012

4th of July pictures





















 I am way behind as usual...going back to blog posts that I started weeks ago and never finished.
On the 4th of July we had several friends over to our house for burgers and fireworks. It
was really hot, but the kids had a blast!


















































































We were able to see the fireworks over Joe Pool lake perfectly! They were very pretty!
























Scout at a family reunion in Ballinger, TX





















Scout with cousin Sophia






   On the 4th of July Kris lost his sweet, loving, Christian, grandmother,
 Roxie Thomasson. She had been in a nursing home for a few years
and her health gradually declined over those years due to the result of
several strokes. I never got to know Moma Roxie outside of the nursing
home but Kris and his family have told me many stories about her as they
were growing up so I have always felt as though I know her well. In spite of her
 physical limitations she was always very sharp and never missed a beat on
conversation every time we visited her. She always smiled and laughed at everyone
and she was always very happy to see her grand-kids and great grand-kids. I
always got a kick out of her witty come backs that she would have for Kris's
 grandfather, Les, and the way she would giggle at herself. I am thankful that she
 got to see Scout several times before she passed and I know Kris is thankful for
 that as well. I also have her to thank for Kris's good singing voice.  She will be missed ,
 but we know she is at piece and no longer suffering and for that we are all very grateful.
 Rest in peace Moma Roxie.







No comments:

Post a Comment