bg

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

7 weeks old...






  Scout is growing so fast!!! I really do want to freeze time sometimes. I just love her so much and she is starting to get more personality every day. I think she is going to  be pretty feisty. She definitely knows what she wants and when she wants it. She won't sit in a wet diaper for more than five minutes so that keeps us very busy! She also fights sleep a lot. At night she gets real aggravated because she is so sleepy but doesn't want to go to sleep. :) She loves her bath at night now...I think she would sit in her bath for as long as we would let her. She has discovered her reflection in the mirror and will stare at herself for a long time. She has also started smiling a lot...especially in the mornings and every time I see her smile my heart just melts...I love it! She loves to have her cheeks kissed which is good because I kiss them a lot! Over all she is doing really well and I am loving being a Mommy. It's not an easy job...but it is so worth it! Every time I look at her I fall more in love with her!
  Labor Day weekend was good. On Saturday we went to Aunt Mandi's to watch the Longhorns play and Scout got to meet baby Jordan, her birthday twin. Jordan is Meri and Adam's baby boy and he was born about an hour after Scout. Adam and Kris have been really good friends since college so it's pretty neat that they had babies born on the same day. We got lots of really cute pictures! Sunday we went to church and then Me, Kris, Kamden, April, and Ryan went to play TopGolf in Dallas and had a lot of fun! The weather felt awesome!  On Saturday morning my Great-Aunt Martha "Bobbie" Grimes passed away. She was one of the sweetest ladies ever! She always had nice things to say and she was a very spunky lady :) Up until recently she still lived at home by herself. My Uncle Raymond passed away many years ago. She had been living with her son for the last several months because she got sick and then fell a while back and just never recovered from it. I will always remember her sweet face and sweet smile. When we took Scout to TN a few weeks ago I had planned to take her to see Aunt Bobbie but the day we were going to go it was pouring down rain so I figured I would take her when we are back in a couple of weeks. I really wanted to get her picture made with her Great Great Aunt! Now I will never get that chance. I so wish we would have made it to see her while we had the chance. I will never forgive myself for that. She is in Heaven now though and not in any pain.  I have been so blessed to have many great women in my life. I had two Great-Grandmothers up until I was 22 years old...they died in the same year. Both were wonderful Christian women and had a lot of personality! Two years after they died my Great-Grandfather died on Christmas Day. That was his favorite day of the year and we would always go over to his house Christmas morning with my Dad's family and spend time with him. The morning he died his daughter found him on the front porch in his Christmas tie and suspenders he always wore on Christmas Day. He was also a wonderful man and I am so grateful we had him for so many years and he never slowed down :) Most people don't get to know many "Greats" so I feel blessed to have had the chance. I am also thankful that Scout has four Great-Grandmothers and three Great-Grandfathers!!! That is wonderful and not exactly the norm these days...I am very thankful she has them in her life and they have all gotten to meet her. Anyway...just wanted to share that. Rest in Peace Aunt Bobbie!
 Below are some recent pictures I thought I would share.I have a really cute video of Scout smiling in her crib but I am having trouble getting it to upload. I will keep trying... Hope everyone is having a great week so far despite all the rain! :)

The last quilt my Great-Grandmother Grimes made...




Scout's Game Face!
                                                                
Scout's boyfriend, Jordan :)

Big Brother Kamden
                                    

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pictures - she is so adorable and has a beautiful smile. Can't wait to see her and you guys. Kamden looks so sweet with her, you can tell how much he is enjoying being a big brother again. Now he has two cute sisters!

    ReplyDelete