bg

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Graduation, Engagement and 10 months

  This past weekend was another busy one, but it was full of great memories. On Saturday Jonne graduated with her PhD in English. She was the Commencement Speaker for the ceremony and she did a wonderful job! We are all very proud of her accomplishments!















































     '
 On Sunday Josh popped the big question and Lana said yes! It was a great day and we are so happy and excited for them! Josh gave a very sweet and touching speech and we are looking forward to all the fun wedding festivities coming up!

Granny Akens gave Kris and I our wedding scrap book on Sunday that she has been working on too. It's fabulous! She did a wonderful job and we love it! I think her and Mandi should go into business together :)






Lana's family





The prom pose

Josh did a great job on the ring! 
























Monday was the 10 month mark for Scout. I can not believe it has been 10 months!!!  On Sunday I started putting more of the things she has out grown in storage. She has twice as many clothes as me by the way. It's pretty ridiculous!  She is way cuter to dress up than myself though so that is how I am justifying the size of her wardrobe. That, and I figure that since she is a girl she will likely want to pick out her own clothes by the time she is four so I am going to enjoy dressing her up while I can :) Anyway, I also put her bouncy chair away until the next baby. She has not actually used it since December but we have left it out and it was just used for holding toys. It made me a little sad because I feel like the first year of her life has just flown by. It's kind of a catch 22 I guess because you miss the newborn baby days, but the current age is so much fun too! She is so curious about everything and her personality is blossoming more and more each day. We love to hear her "talk". She has all these different inflections in her voice...it's hysterical!  We go to the pediatric urologist next week to get a baseline examination, and then we just wait and pray that she doesn't get any more infections. So far, so good.  Wow...in two months my baby girl will be 1!!! How is that even possible?







Having a very moving conversation with Mr.s Giraffe













































Sweet baby girl,

                   You make us smile everyday! I love your energy...it's exhausting...but it's wonderful! I love going
in to your room in the morning and seeing you peaking over your crib. You giggle when you see me coming. It  is the sweetest sound ever! You are crawling everywhere and your favorite thing to play with is your little ball and anything that makes loud noise. You love dogs and you get so excited when Knox is around! Your hair is getting long and very blonde. It looks as though it might be a little curly too. You will be a year old in two months and I am already coming up with ideas for your first birthday party which you will not even remember. God has truly blessed us and you remind me every day of whats really important in life. No matter how stretched thin I may feel at times, your sweet smiling face makes it all better. Happy 10 months! I love you baby girl!

                                                                                                                   Love,
                                                                                                                              Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment