bg

Wednesday, July 14, 2010


  Kris and I got to see Scout one more time today before she makes her grand entrance into the world. Today we had a sonogram to see how big she is going to be. That is her profile above and she is making a fist at us. She still moves a lot and likes to change positions. She is still head down though so thats good. According to the sonogram she weighs 7 pounds and 3 ounces right now. I am 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. We are really hoping that I go into labor on my own, otherwise I will be induced on Tuesday the 20th. I know that is less then a week away but Kris and I are so anxious and ready for her to be here that a week seems so far away to us. Our families are ready for her to be here too! I think since my body had made so much progress on it's own we had let ourselves think that she would be here already. Silly us. My Dad said "Jill, you have never been on time for a thing in your life, why in the world would you think she would be early?"  Thanks Dad :)  I am just ready to see her and to not be pregnant anymore. I have been really sore the last few days. In the mornings I feel like I have already had a baby because my pelvic muscles are so sore and laying for long periods of time makes me feel worse.  I have been in the Dr.'s office everyday this week for exams or blood pressure checks. My blood pressure has been normal this week but they are keeping an eye on it since I still had trace amounts of protein in my urine. I go back on Friday to check my blood pressure one last time before Tuesday.  So...unless i go into labor by Monday...Tuesday it is!  I hope it gets here fast! My parents will be here Monday night and I am excited to see them. I haven't seen my family in 4 months...so I am looking forward to my parents  spending a little time here after she is born.
   Everyone keeps asking me if we have figured out a first name yet. We have some options but we are still planning on waiting until we see her. Since Kris and I will get to spend a few moments with her alone right after she is born...we will use that time to count fingers and toes and try to settle on a first name. I have put a lot of pressure on the first name because since her middle name is so different, I want her first name to be unique, but feminine too. We both like Cailyn, Adeline, Riley, and Abby Scout. Kris really likes Canady. Originally I have always liked the name Canon for a girl, but it sounds so much like Kamden, Cameron , and Canaan. Since we already have Kamden, Cameron, and Canaan, and also Randy and Andy...I figured another sound alike name might be too much :) So anyway...we will hopefully see her and something will just fit! One cool thing that I just found out last week was that this year marks the 50th anniversary year for "To Kill a Mockingbird". I didn't know that until my Dr. told us last week. Thats a pretty neat coincidence I think.
 So...we are still just waiting. Even though we want her to be here today...she will for sure be here by Tuesday! We will just have to be patient I guess!  I will keep everyone posted on any changes. Thanks!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment