bg

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

     We are still waiting anxiously for the arrival of our baby girl! Yesterday at my Doctors appointment my blood pressure was really high...then when I laid down it went back down to normal...but as soon as I set back up it shot up again. I also had some protein in my urine so Dr. Stevenson thinks I have preeclampsia. Pre-eclampsia is a medical condition in which hypertension arises in pregnancy  in association with significant amounts of protein in the urine. I have to go back to the Doctor tomorrow to re-check and hopefully figure out if it is mild or severe. If it is mild then it will just be treated with bed rest but if it is severe then we will schedule an induction. I have to admit...I am not good at the bed rest thing. When I happen to have the day off I am usually cleaning the house, doing laundry, and running errands. I am not one to lay around watching TV so this will be a challenge. I do have some work to do on the computer and a book I need to finish reading so that should take up some time at least. We are both just so ready for her to get here! The bags are packed..her room is ready (other than a few minor details)..and the car seat has been installed. We just need her to get here!  I know all the waiting, the aching back, the cramping, and always being uncomfortable will be totally worth it once I finally get to see her sweet face! Until then...I may go a little crazy waiting... :)
     I have been a little sad lately because it has hit me that other than my parents...none of my family and friends from Tennessee will be here to see her after she is born. I am very excited for my parents to be here, I just wish everyone could come. If the date of her birth were not so "unknown" then it would be easier for my sisters to come, but since we really don't know that makes it hard for anyone to make plans. I just never thought I would have a baby for the first time and not get to see my sisters, family, friends,  or Grandparents shortly after. It makes me sad...but I know I will see them soon enough. There are just certain things about being so far away that are really hard sometimes...this special occasion happens to be one of them. The good news is we are going to take her to Tennessee a few weeks after she is born and then my sisters are planning a trip to Texas in September. So I am excited about that! I haven't been to TN in almost 4 months so I am getting really anxious to get back there!
     We had a good 4th of July. We went to Uncle Lewis and Aunt Kelly's house and grilled out on Sunday. Stuart, Melissa, and baby Amelia came over too and we had a really nice time. Knox has been acting different lately...he does not let me leave his line of vision when I am at home. It's almost like he knows something is about to happen or change or something. If I get up, he gets up. If I go to the bedroom...he gets where he can see me at all times. It's really sweet and creepy all at the same time! I think he will be very interested in her when she gets here. I think they will be great friends though when he gets used to her. He will like having someone who is willing to chase him around all day once she gets older :) . I also want to say thank you to my husband. Kris has been wonderful to help keep me mellow when I get a little overwhelmed. I know I probably drive him crazy sometimes but he at least tries to make me think I am not insane and I really appreciate that. So thank you Kris...I love you and I can't wait to meet our daughter! I will update more on my progress later. Have a great day!



My last belly pic...


I finally found a shelf for the crosses that Aunt Mandi and Aunt Kelly found


Uncle Lewis and Aunt Kelly went to the World Cup in South Africa and brought back this cute little onesie for Scout.




Aunt Mandi made Scout her "First Year" scrap book. I also included pictures of some of my favorite pages. Can't wait to fill it up!

       Kris and Kamdens trip to Abilene to visit family.


The Rodeo in Mesquite a couple of weeks ago..
Amelia talking to Scout...

July 4th..

No comments:

Post a Comment