bg

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sad Day...



‎"When we are in the throes of some physical or emotional trauma, it can be difficult to appreciate the "gift" of suffering. And yet it is in the darkest times of our life when the light of God's love seems to shine the brightest, for it is at those times we depend upon it the most."


     This morning my uncle David was welcomed in to Heaven. I thought I would add one of his daughters  pictures so everyone here in Texas could see who they have been praying for. It was taken this past May at Mary Grace's wedding. David has been a teacher and coach for many years at Columbia Academy in TN and above is a picture of his wife and two girls. They are a very sweet family and my heart goes out to my Aunt April, Rachel and Mary Grace. David was surrounded by loved ones all day yesterday and finally drifted away this morning at around 5:15. He was 56. I wanted to be there for my family yesterday. It was a hard, sad day. It's never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. Please continue to pray for his wife and girls. They were very close and even though David is at peace now...he will be missed terribly. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and kind words. Things like this are so hard to understand. 
      On a happier note....Scout's first week at childcare went really well! Every day that I picked her up she was all smiles! I think she really enjoys the constant stimulation and noise. The anticipation of leaving her at daycare was definitely worse than actually doing it. I miss her terribly when I am gone and I can not wait to pick her up in the afternoons...but I am so thankful she seems to be adjusting well so far. I hope this next week is just as successful :) Her teachers just love her so that makes me happy :).  I got to work out every day this week so that also makes me happy. Before I moved here I used to spend A LOT of time at the gym and I am always happier when I can work out every day. I am going to try to get back to where I was  physically three years ago...but man....it ain't as easy as it used to be. :) To all you young 20 year olds out there....enjoy your body now...you have to work a lot harder for it later. 
    Next week is Kamdens 10th birthday so we are having a party for him on Saturday. I will post more about that next week. I hope everyone has a good week and I will leave you with....of course....more pictures of baby girl :)!  Oh yea......WAY TO GO TITANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)






No comments:

Post a Comment