bg

Sunday, January 30, 2011

6 months and update




 It's been kind of crazy around here the last couple of weeks. Scout has been fighting a cold and congestion for almost three weeks now. She has not been running a fever and the Dr. said it has not moved in to her chest but her poor little cough sounds horrible sometimes. It doesn't seem to be bothering her much except for at night when her nose runs like crazy and she can't breath. She has spent several nights sleeping in her swing in our room just because she can breath better that way. Other than that we are using a vaporizer, vicks infant rub, and nasal spray. Hopefully she will get over it soon...although the drastic changes in temperature have not helped much. Not that I am complaining...the weather this weekend was fabulous! I love running outside in 70 degree weather! I wish it was always that nice out!
      Scout weighed 14 pounds and is 25.5 inches long at her 6 month appointment. We also found out that her heart murmur is benign and she has a healthy heart with healthy blood flow! Thank you Lord! They will probably hear a murmur from time to time throughout her life...but she should not have any problems from it. I am so thankful for that news. I had a feeling it was ok because typically children with real heart issues are really lethargic, and don't thrive as well. She is very energetic and she is hitting all her milestones so far. She is on the small side for weight, 10%  and 50% for height. The Dr. said she is perfectly healthy! She is sitting up on her own now for brief periods of time. She does really well for a while until she spots something across the room, or Knox comes over, or she just starts wiggling too much and then she topples over. She wants to crawl really bad but has not figured that out just yet. Apparently I started walking when I was 10 months old and never really crawled....so she may be the same way who knows. Whatever her mode of transportation ends up being I am sure she will be all over the place. She NEVER stops moving if she is awake. She kicks her feet just as fast as she can constantly!  She loves her baby food and has just started drinking water out of a sippy cup, which she finds extremely entertaining. So other than the annoying cough and runny nose that will not go away...she is doing great!
      So...everyone has a different opinion on who Scout looks the most like. Some family thinks she looks exactly like me as a baby and others say Kris. I can see me in her a lot...but then some days she looks so much like her Daddy. Anyway...I found a few pictures that I thought I would put up. I could only find one of Kris at around 6 months...but she looks a lot like him in it I think.

Baby Kris Akens

Me























Anyway...what do you all think??? What about that awesome car seat I am in. That looks safe! :)

 Last weekend Scout and I went to TN for my nephew Aden's first birthday! I am so glad we got to be there for it. I know we will not get to be there for every birthday, but I am thankful I got to see his first birthday party. There were lots of kids and Scout had a blast watching all the kids scream and play...she was thoroughly entertained :) We had a great visit. She did awesome on both flights. So far she is a great traveler...I hope that lasts :)  I got a lot of really cute pictures. Then last night we had a few people over to celebrate Kelly's belated birthday. I made my Mom's delicious chili, Mandi brought the salad and cupcakes.  I didn't get many pictures because my camera battery was dying.
   Well...I have to be in Garland at 6:45 in the morning for a case so I am going to call it a night. Enjoy the pictures!



Scout with Great-Grandfather Barber

Scout with Great-Grandfather Willis


Great Grandparents (Barber)

The birthday boy, Aden James

Great-Grandparents (Willis) - Scout was having herself a good time :)





Too much cake???



Both birthday boys, Andrew and Aden

Eli and Scout





Uncle Dale finally got a turn to hold Scout :)

Jillian came for a visit

At the Whiskey Kitchen with Molly and Jillian

Soooo Precious!




Sitting up all by herself

She was supposed to be taking a nap :)







Happy Birthday to Aunt Kelly!



1 comment:

  1. She's too cute to nap, mom! Love the pics. She's growing so fast. Love the pics of you and Kris too, so funny! I think she looks like you in person, but she also looks a whole lot like that pic of Kris.

    ReplyDelete