bg

Sunday, January 9, 2011

A New Year....

   Happy New Year everyone! I have been meaning to blog for a week now and I am finally taking the time to actually do it. It seems pretty crazy to me that it is 2011. 2010 was such a wonderful year  and over very quickly! God gave us the greatest blessing last year and I can never find the words to truly express how much I love our precious baby girl! 2010 will definitely go down as one of the greatest years in my life! I have never really been one to go all out on New Years Eve...in the past when I was a single girl...my friends and I would typically find somewhere to go...or someone would throw a party...but I have always found New Years Eve to be a bit over rated. I mean it costs twice as much to go out anywhere...parking is a nightmare...you have to wait in line everywhere you go...it's typically really cold...anyway...it has never really meant more to me other than it is the beginning of a new year. Well...I don't really go out on New Years Eve anymore but I will say that it is a more special to me now than when I did go out because it marks the anniversary of when Kris and I met. We met on New Years Eve of 2007.
 These were the first pictures that we had made together. I think they were both taken the first or second time Kris flew to Tennessee to visit me.

 Now we are married and just had a baby...Crazy! You know when you were younger and older people used to say "time flies" or..."it seems like yesterday"...and at the time you don't believe it...but man is it ever true! There were times before I moved to Texas when I really wasn't sure if we could make this work.  So many things would have to fall in to place and it was a HUGE life change and commitment in both of our lives. I think that once I moved here it didn't take very long for us to realize that we were definitely meant to be together and we were going to make it work. I know I complain a lot about missing my family and friends, feeling detached from my life before I moved here, all the faces of people I miss that I have not seen since I moved here and of course....there are days when it takes me an hour and a half to get home from work and I swear by the time I pull in to the driveway I am ready to pack my bags and head back East...but no matter how much I may complain...I am so thankful for the life I have here and for my husband. I wouldn't change anything. (except for maybe the traffic)  I am thankful for Kamden and that I am able to be a part of his life and for our beautiful baby girl!  Life is good.
    Cailyn Scout will be 6 months old next week...I can not believe it! She is doing wonderful! She is very active, especially here lately. She wants to be able to crawl or walk or something so bad! Yesterday I put her on her belly in the floor and she tried so hard to scoot towards Knox :) It was really funny....she didn't get very far but I know she will pretty soon.There is a really cute video of her that I will post soon. She is laughing at Knox...she thinks he is the greatest thing ever and she has started squealing like a little pig when she sees him.   I will post more updates about her next week. I hope everyone had a blessed New Years and that 2011 is full of good things and happily ever afters :). Stay Warm!

Josh and Lana at Chad and Katy's wedding on December 30th

The happy couple :)


























New Years Eve at Aunt Kelly and Uncle Lewis's house
 
Amelia

Amelia: " I have had it with you people!"
Amelia: "Come on Scout...I'm getting us out of here"

Scout: "You people are nuts!" Amelia: "I'm telling ya...I am over this!"
















2 comments:

  1. I love this post - nice job Jill. We are so glad you decided to move to Texas too - we got a wonderful daughter and granddaughter in the deal - what luck! You're just as beautiful today as you were in 2007. Thank you for being part of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're here too Jill! Those pictures of the girls are hilarious! I'm glad you got some good ones!

    ReplyDelete