bg

Monday, May 17, 2010

Finally the Sun is out!!!


Hello everyone! I meant to blog last week, but due to a busy work schedule along with little sleep...I never got around to it. Anyway, things are going well here...Kris and I worked on the nursery a lot on Saturday (pictures below). I am still waiting on the dresser/changing table to come in but we did get the painting up and the crib put together. It looks precious! The crib and the painting were a gift from my family and I love them both!!!  Last weekend my mother-in-laws threw me and Jennifer a baby shower and we each got lots of great things! Scout got some really cute clothes, a bassinet that I had registered for, a bouncer chair, a little rocking chair, some blankets, a bouncer swing that hangs from the door, some gift cards, and her very first Baby Bible! Also, Kris's grandmother is making her a quilt that I know will be gorgeous when it is done. Aunt Mandi has started her first scrapbook, which I got to peek at on Saturday...soooo cute! I can't wait to get pictures in it!She has pages dedicated to Me and Scout, Kris and Scout, Knox, Kamden, and Scout! It is going to be so fun to fill it up with pictures and messages! That is something I will cherish forever! Thanks to everyone for everything!!!!  We still have to pick out a car seat and stroller, and a few more odds and ends things...but we are getting there!
   Other than working on the nursery and cleaning the house, this past weekend was pretty laid back which was really nice for a change. Yesterday I had a work meeting in Plano so Kris and Kamden got to go to the pool at Lifetime...but today I fully plan on taking advantage of the warm sun that I have longed for and go lay by the pool for a couple hours! I am treating myself today...(assuming I don't get a call to cover a last minute add on or something...crossing my fingers...) :) Tomorrow we go back to the doctor and do another sonogram. I am so excited about that and I will post pictures tomorrow. We will hopefully find out if I will need to have a C-section or not.  I just can't wait to see her little face again! She moves a lot these days. Her favorite time to "exercise" is typically when I finally get comfortable in bed at night and ready to go to sleep. That is usually when she has herself a little dance party! I hope that is not an indication that she will be a night owl! :) My sisters both got really lucky with their boys. Cameron and Aden were both sleeping through the night by the time they were 4 weeks old. I will probably have the baby that likes to stay up and play at night....oh well!! I can't wait either way!  I hope everyone is doing well and I will update again tomorrow! Enjoy the sunshine...I know I will!
                                    Jill



The glider was from Mike and Jan and the Bassinet was from Jerilyn, Ashley, Avery, Laci, Lessly, Levi and Audrey. The quilt laying over the glider is from this sweet nurse, Faith, that works at one of the surgery centers I work at a lot. She surprised me with this a couple weeks ago. It's gorgeous! Thanks Faith!

I love the painting!

Opening Presents






2 comments:

  1. I love the nursery so far and the picture is really pretty. I'm so glad you liked the glider. The shower was so fun. Your bassinette is very pretty too. Looks just like a little girls room. Glad you are feeling well. Won't be too much longer. Love Jan & Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nursery! And the baby Bible! :) How sweet.

    ReplyDelete