bg

Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's official...

I am a horrible blogger! I have not done so well updating the blog lately so lots of updates. April was a really busy month! My parents, Grandparents, and Cousins, Andrew and Eli came for a visit early in April. We had a great time! Went to the 6th Floor museum, the Dallas aquarium, the Horse races, and ate lots of good food! I think they had a really good time and I really enjoyed having them here. We also celebrated a lot of birthdays in April. It was mine, my moms, both of my grandmothers, Kris's Grandfather, and Kris's dad's birthday! Kris's grandfather (POP) turned 80, and my moms, mom turned 70 and my dads Mom turned 80! Last weekend Kris and went to TN to celebrate my moms 50th birthday! We surprised her with a birthday dinner at the Olive Garden and invited family and friends. She was definitely surprised. We had 35 people there and I think that the Olive Garden was definitely ready to see us go by the end of the night too! It was fun though and I am glad I got to be there for my moms 50th birthday celebration. The following day was my birthday...I turned 29 ! My last year to be in my 20's! Wow...end of an era!
 I got to spend some time with my nephews over the weekend and that was precious! I miss them so much! Aden is the happiest little thing...he is always so content! Cameron is getting so tall and it seems like he should still be a baby. He wasn't feeling so great while we were there...but I got to steal a few hugs and kisses from him anyway. He is doing much better now! Molly came to celebrate my birthday at my Sisters house...haven't seen her since September so that was a treat! I miss my friends too!  We also got to go see our friends Heidi and Graig's new baby, Eryn, and spend some time with them for a while. Then Me, Kris, Kevin, Becky, and Brandi wet to eat at Stoney River! If you have never eaten there...I highly recommend it! Great food! Then on our way to the airport on Sunday we got to stop by the Cooks house and visit with them for a while. I starting babysitting for them when Annie, the oldest, was 2. She is now about to turn 11! Rawlie is 8, Wesley is 5, and baby Thomas just turned 1! They are a very special family to me and it was really good to see them! We had a great, but too short, trip to TN! It always goes by way too fast!!!
This past weekend we finally got the nursery painted thanks to Kris and Mandi! It looks great! I ordered her bedding and a painting from Pottery Barn that I have had my eyes on for a while...can't wait to get everything set up in her room. I think it is going to be really cute when it's all done! Then today after church Kris, Kamden, Knox, and I went on a hike at Cedar Hill State park...gorgeous day!  Not so gorgeous in TN right now however. I have not been able to get in touch with my parents all day because of the flood. Parts of Nashville, Franklin, Antioch, and Centereville are completely under water. Two of my good friends lost pretty much everything already. I feel horrible! Please keep all these people in your prayers. My family is all safe as far as I know. They have no electricity or water right now and will likely be stranded in their homes till Wednesday at the earliest. I pray everyone has plenty of food and water and that everyone is safe!
Pregnancy is going good so far. I am getting a really big belly! :) I think it's big anyway. Scout moves constantly! I swear she is doing flips in there! I go back to the Doctor on Tuesday so I will post more after my appointment. Still no first name...but we are working on it! Lots of pictures to sum up the last month.. Night all!

Andrew and Eli in Dallas..


Eli and Kamden 

Pops 80th..

My family...sporting their Texas shirts :)




My Moms surprise 50th birthday party...
Sweet baby Aden..
:) :) :)

On our hike today..

4 comments:

  1. You look so cute! That's terrible about all the flooding in TN. I will keep your family in my prayers for sure. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your family is doing ok. I'll keep the prayers coming! And so glad to get the nursery painted so you are all ready when the furniture and bedding get here. I can't wait to see it all put together. It's going to be so cute. Looking forward to the shower this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Your friends and family are in our thoughts and prayers. Glad you had a great birthday and we hope you and Scout enjoy your birthday present. See you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And your baby bump is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete