bg

Friday, February 19, 2010

"I think there's just one kind of folks.Folks." ~ Scout Finch





Well here she is....









        It's a girl!!! Our doctor is about 99% sure it's a girl anyway. She said she would be embarrassed if she was wrong. Yesterday was so amazing! We got to see her stretch and open and shut her mouth. God is good! The miracle of life is so unbelievably wonderful! I am so excited to meet her. Like Kris said below...it's wonderful and scary all at the same time. And yes...she had her legs pulled completely over her head!!! I got a good laugh out of that!! 
      It looks like Scout will for sure be her middle name. We haven't narrowed the first name down just yet. We may have to pick two first names and wait until we see her face to decide. The reason we I like Scout for a girl is because it is the name of the little girl in my favorite book, To Kill A Mockingbird. I read it in High School along with everyone else I'm sure...and it is by far one of the best books ever in my opinion. It's just one that sticks with you for your whole life. Anyway, when we left for our honeymoon to Jamaica that was one of the books I packed to read while we were there. I had not read it since the 10th grade and I thought it would be cool to re-read it. Kris and I were laying on the beach the first day of our honeymoon and I looked up over my book and said "If we ever have a girl...what do you think about the name Scout?"...and he replied..."I like it..a lot!" Well, at the time we were considering trying for kids in a year or so. Ha! That was 5 months ago! So...thats were Scout comes from. It kind of has special meaning to us. I go back to the doctor in three weeks for another ultrasound and a full anatomy scan. So far everything is going well and we feel very blessed! My job is still in the "unknown" phase and I really don't know whats going to happen at this point. We have had lots of long meetings over the past couple weeks and I am ready for a decision to be made so I can focus on other things :) I am also mentally and emotionally exhausted from it all so I am just ready for some answers. Please keep us in your prayers! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! 


"I still don't see why I have to wear a darn old dress!"  ~ Scout Finch   To Kill A Mockingbird



2 comments:

  1. Those were great blogs from both of you! She's adorable and from what you said, she's very limber - maybe a little gymnast. She will be a beautiful baby and Kris - you will do fine - at least until she starts dating. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute in there! Can't wait to meet her and buy fun girly things. Congrats you guys! And I love the name Scout.

    ReplyDelete