bg

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One more week...

....and we find out what we are having!!!! Well...hopefully that is. We are hoping the baby isn't too modest and will let us sneak a peek between his/her legs. We are very excited!!! Sorry I haven't posted any belly pictures or news lately. Honestly, I haven't really started to show much until the last couple of weeks. I am going to try to take a picture tonight and post it. It seems like my stomach always looks and feels bigger at night.
   As far as news goes, I found out a couple of weeks ago that my boss is retiring at the end of April and closing his neurology practice due to medical issues. This was out of the blue and shocked everyone. So right now we are kind of in between possibilities. Hopefully our team will be able to stay together and keep the same contracts with the same surgeons. We have a really good thing going right now...and we are all hoping and praying it stays that way. It's scary because the company I have been working for since I moved to Dallas a year and half ago has been wonderful! My boss is wonderful and his staff is wonderful. So I am a little skeptical of change at this point. When you are in a good situation you don't want to let it go. Also, since I am pregnant...the unknown of where and with whom I will be working with in three months makes me nervous. So please pray it works out for the best for everyone.
    On a much more pleasant note...Aden is here!!!!! My sister and brother-in-law welcomed their little one into the world on January 27, 2010. Aden James Weber  weighed 9lbs, 5 ounces...and 20 inches long. Mom and baby are doing great! This past weekend Kris and I flew to TN for a short trip so that we could meet him. Let me just say...baby fever has hit me hard! He is so precious! I could just hold and snuggle him for hours. He has a lot of  blonde hair and he is a really good baby so far. He already sleeps 4-5 hours at a time at night. He looks a lot like Cameron ( my other sisters 2 year old) when he was a newborn. I guess that makes sense, since my sisters are twins. Anyway, his nursery is blue, white, and brown, and his bedding has little sail boats on it....so cute!  I can't wait to see him again. I don't know when that will be...but I can't wait nonetheless.
    I spent almost half an hour in the baby clothes section of Macy's last week. I love baby clothes!!! Kris has always said I am not a typical girl. In most ways I'm not, but when it comes to babies and baby things...I can be very girlie. I love the thought of decorating a nursery and dressing up a baby. I know there is much more to do than that and it isn't all as glamorous as it sounds...but that will be part of the fun stuff I look forward to. I am going to try and post some pictures of a few of the things I like below. Once we find out what we are having I am going to have a lot of fun buying things for the baby! We are still thinking of names. On the table for a boy is now Colton Kristopher. Other possibles are Samuel Colton, Colton Quinn, and Colton Willis. I am leaving the boys middle name up to Kris since I picked Colton. For a girl we are still thinking of using Scout as the middle name. People either love it or hate it!  :) We are having trouble deciding on a first name though. We want it to be kind of girlie since Scout is not really a girlie name. Possible first names are Addison Scout, Cailen Scout, and maybe Riley Scout. I guess after next week we are going to have to make a decision huh? Suggestions for a girl are welcomed. I think we are good on the boys name since we both like all the possibilities. Well....long update! I will post belly pics soon....promise!

This is the baby girl bedding I like! We are likely going to go with dark baby furniture instead of the white. So the crib will be expresso.

 

I like this quilt for a boy. I would probably paint the walls a light blue and try to find some green and white checkered curtains.




 I love this painting for a girls room. I would paint the walls a light blue with the dark furniture and pink bedding....how precious is that? Anyway...just daydreaming. Below are some of the pictures I took over the weekend. How precious is he???



 
  
 
 The new mommy...
 

Cameron trying to dress like my Dad. Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!

5 comments:

  1. Jill, you are going to be the best mother. We are so blessed to have you in our family. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Preach it mom! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to find out whether it's a he or a she so I can start shopping. :) I've been wanting to shop for Jenn but have made myself wait until I can shop for both. Love the boy names - my vote is for Colton Willis (since your dad has no boys) or Colton Quinn. Not that my vote counts. haha. Love the girl names too - especially Addison and Cailen. Very pretty! Love you guys and looking forward to next Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I love all the updates since I couldn't see you this past weekend. I am so excited for you both! Can't wait to hear what you will be having! I will pray that things work out with your company. Hope to talk to you soon : )!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! A new post! I can't wait to find out what you guys are having. It's worse than waiting for Christmas to come when you were a kid I think. :) I love all your names. Very cute! Your nephew is adorable. I hope everything goes well with your job...I'll be praying! Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the new entry! I love all the names but if it is a girl, Scout is such a cool name, you could use it as a first name. Of course I love Colt! I really like both of the nursery sets you have picked out and can't wait to shop. Love the picture for the girls nursery. I'm anxiously waiting for the belly picture. Just as long as you and Colt or Scout are healthy - that's all that matters. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for your job and keeping the group together!

    ReplyDelete